Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
Serves: 4 to 6
A classic combination of sun-ripened tomatoes and zesty basil.
- 6 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bulk Celtic sea salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, washed, dried and cut in thin ribbons Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 minced garlic clove, plus additional garlic cloves, cut in half Add to list
- 1-inch slices of baguette or another rustic bread, cut on an angle Add to list
Place the diced tomatoes in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add the basil and toss gently, then add olive oil and minced garlic. Stir well to combine. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Grill or toast the bread until golden brown. While the bread is still warm, rub both sides with the garlic halves.
Spoon a generous serving of tomatoes onto each garlic-rubbed toast; serve immediately to keep the bread from getting soggy.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer June 2007
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »