Tofu Spinach Ricotta
Yield: 1 pound
Use this tofu ricotta in our Tofu Ricotta and Spinach Lasagna; stuff into ravioli, mushrooms or tomatoes; dollop on pizza; or eat as-is with crackers.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest Add to list
- 1 teaspoon brown rice miso paste Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and broken into pieces Add to list
- 3 ounces fresh spinach leaves Add to list
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
Place olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, lemon zest, miso and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until garlic is minced. Add tofu and pulse until it is crumbled.
Add spinach and basil leaves, in small amounts that fit into the food processor, and pulse until the mixture has a ricotta-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Source: 2013 PCC annual meeting dinner
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »