Serves: 4 to 6
Fresh-from-the-oven cornbread would be a great accompaniment, or choose your favorite crusty bread from PCC shelves. Serve with a salad of tossed greens, sprinkled with seasoned rice vinegar.
- 3 cups of sliced carrots Add to list
- 1/2 cup minced white or yellow onion Add to list
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot Add to list
- Pinch of sea salt (optional) Add to list
- 1/2 pound silken soft tofu Add to list
- 3 tablespoons mellow white miso Add to list
- Salt, to taste Add to list
- Fresh grated nutmeg Add to list
Place carrots, onion and ginger root in a saucepan with enough water to cover by about one inch. Bring to a boil, reduce to low, cover and cook for ten minutes.
Add to food processor or blender with tofu and miso. Purée until smooth. If thicker than desired, add very hot water to desired consistency. Taste, and add more miso paste to taste, and/or a pinch of sea salt. Serve with a bit of freshly grated nutmeg.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Education Manager
Source: Sound Consumer January 2003