Three Local Cheese Fondue
Serves: 6 to 8
As fall settles in and the air gets crisp, my thoughts inevitably turn to steamy cheese fondue. Any combination of your favorite semi-firm cheeses would work in this recipe. Feel free to experiment! When you're choosing apples for roasting, you might try Honeycrisp, Pink Lady or Gala. Enjoy!
- 6 ounces Beecher's Flagship cheese, cut into small cubes Add to list
- 6 ounces Beecher's Just Jack, cut into small cubes Add to list
- 6 ounces Appel Farms or Samish Bay Gouda, cut into small cubes Add to list
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour Add to list
- 1 cup white wine Add to list
- 1 teaspoon grated shallots Add to list
- Pinch of nutmeg Add to list
- Salt and white pepper to taste Add to list
Dredge the cheeses in the flour. Place the wine and the shallots in a heavy pot over medium heat and bring to a light simmer.
Stir in the cheese a little at a time until the mixture is smooth and all of the cheese is melted. Add the remaining ingredients and transfer to a fondue pot or individual stoneware ramekins.
Serve with crusty rosemary bread, roasted apples and butternut squash.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: PCC Fresh, October 2008
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.