Thai Peanut Soba Noodles with Asparagus
Creamy peanut butter and tamari make a delicious sauce for these gluten-free buckwheat noodles. Mix-and-match seasonal vegetables or add a protein for a complete meal.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter Add to list
- 1/4 cup tamari Add to list
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce Add to list
- 2 teaspoons honey Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled Add to list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha or hot sauce (optional) Add to list
- 3 tablespoons warm water, to thin as desired Add to list
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles Add to list
- 1/2 bunch asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch strips Add to list
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds Add to list
Place peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and hot sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary, about 2 minutes. Thin with water to desired consistency.
Cook soba noodles according to package directions in salted boiling water. Add asparagus to the pot during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain noodles and asparagus in a colander; rinse briefly under cool water.
Toss noodles with peanut sauce, bell pepper, green onions and sesame seeds. Serve warm or cold.
To make this dish a main course, add cooked chicken or tofu.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »