Thai Noodle Salad
- 10 ounces cellophane noodles Add to list
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts Add to list
- 4 tablespoons minced ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper, or to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 1/2 cup lime juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 1/4 cup sugar Add to list
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, soak cellophane noodles in hot tap water for about 5 minutes. Drain noodles, then soak in boiling water until they are soft and clear (about 5 minutes). Drain well. Set noodles aside to cool.
In a food processor, combine peanuts, ginger, and hot pepper. Process until well mixed. In a large bowl, toss mixture with noodles and basil. Combine remaining ingredients. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss gently.
Garnish with chopped sweet red pepper and unsalted peanuts.
Source: PCC Natural Markets Taste of Nations 1999 Cookbook