Thai Green Curry and Coconut Tempeh with Seasonal Vegetables
- 16 ounces tempeh, finely diced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil Add to list
- 4 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 4 tablespoons mirin Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons green curry paste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar Add to list
- 1 can coconut milk Add to list
- 1 cup filtered water Add to list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- Vegetables: choose a variety of seasonal vegetables like leeks, broccoli, carrots, dark green vegetables, green beans, onion, cauliflower, etc., chopped Add to list
In a skillet combine the tempeh with all of the sauce ingredients (everything but the salt, lime juice and vegetables) over medium-high heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Add salt and lime juice, adjusting to taste. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the chopped seasonal vegetables.
Serve with cooked quinoa or other whole grains.
You can make the sauce without the tempeh and serve it with steamed salmon, or substitute the tempeh for chicken.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks Instructor
Source: 2010 PCC annual meeting dinner