Thai Ginger-Lime-Coconut Salmon with Chanterelle Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil Add to list
- 8 to 12 chanterelle or shiitake mushroom caps, cleaned and sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely sliced leek Add to list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in julienne strips Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) Thai Kitchen red curry paste Add to list
- 1 cup coconut milk Add to list
- 1 pound Alaskan salmon, skin and bones removed and cut into 1-inch chunks Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach leaves, washed well Add to list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- Fish sauce to taste Add to list
- Basil leaves Add to list
Heat the oils in a wok or sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and leeks and cook for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the red bell peppers, ginger and the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Stir in the curry paste and the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and stir in the salmon. Cook for 3 minutes and gently fold in the lime juice, spinach, basil and cilantro. Season with fish sauce.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice. Garnish with whole basil leaves.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »