PCC Texas Quinoa Tabouli
- 1/3 cup diced sundried tomatoes Add to list
- 3 tablespoons hot water Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa Add to list
- 2 1/4 cups water Add to list
- 1/3 cup olive oil Add to list
- 6 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced diagonally Add to list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped Add to list
- 3/4 bunch cilantro, chopped Add to list
- 1/3 cup canned diced green chiles Add to list
Rehydrate sundried tomatoes in 3 tablespoons hot water until soft. Drain excess liquid.
Rinse quinoa and drain. Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, return to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for 1/2 hour. Cool on tray or cookie sheet in the refrigerator.
Mix together the oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and cumin until dressing is blended.
Toss quinoa with dressing. Add sundried tomatoes, green onions, red pepper, cilantro and diced green chiles. Stir gently to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!