Teriyaki Beef Vegetable Stir-fry
Serves: 3 to 4
With lean protein and veggies, economical too!
- 1/3 cup tamari Add to list
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar Add to list
- 1 small clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/3 cup water Add to list
Blend together all ingredients for teriyaki sauce in a saucepan and warm on low, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
Cut beef into thin strips on a diagonal. Put in a bowl or dish and cover with 13 cup of the teriyaki sauce and marinate, refrigerated, up to 8 hours.
Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet and bring to high heat. Stir-fry vegetables until bright and crisp. Remove vegetables and clean out wok.
Heat remaining oil in wok. Remove beef from marinade with a slotted spoon, pat dry so that hot oil doesn’t sputter, and add to wok. Stir-fry until tender. Whisk arrowroot into remaining marinade and pour over beef.
As sauce thickens, add cooked vegetables and toss. Turn off heat, add black pepper and serve immediately.
Source: Sound Consumer February 2009