Tempeh Tacos with Pickled Carrots and Radishes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded Add to list
- 1 bunch radishes, shredded Add to list
- 1 cup water Add to list
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sugar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, sliced 1/4-inch thick Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning (available in our bulk section) Add to list
- 1 tablespoon tamari Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed Add to list
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced Add to list
Place carrots and radishes in a heat-proof bowl. Combine water, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, while stirring, and then reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes. Pour pickling liquid over vegetables. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add tempeh, Mexican seasoning, tamari, salt and pepper. Cook until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
Place tempeh on tortillas; top with pickled carrots and radishes, spinach and avocado.
Each taco: 180cal, 7g fat (1g sat), 0mg chol, 360mg sodium, 25g carb, 7g fiber, 7g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef