Yield: 24 cookies
These cookies are not low-fat, but rather a decadent treat. To lighten them up, decrease sweetener and oil by half and substitute applesauce or other pureéd fruit to a total of 1 cup liquids.
- 1 1/2 cups teff flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Featherweight® baking powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup Add to list
- 1/2 cup walnut or other unrefined oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add walnuts and flaxseed meal. In measuring cup, mix liquids together. Stir liquids in with dry ingredients and mix well.
Drop batter by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly by criss-crossing with a fork.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes in preheated 350° F oven.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor