PCC Tarragon Chicken Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts Add to list
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided Add to list
- 1/4 pound hazelnuts Add to list
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate Add to list
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup dried tarragon Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper Add to list
- 3/4 bunch green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Toss chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon oil and bake on a sheet until they reach an internal temperature of 165° F, about 30 minutes. Cool completely. Dice cooled chicken into 1/4- to 1/2-inch cubes.
To toast hazelnuts, heat oven to 350° F. Spread nuts on a cookie sheet and toast for about 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
In a food processor, coarsely chop cooled hazelnuts using pulse setting.
Mix orange juice concentrate, both of the vinegars, tarragon, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil until dressing is blended. Add to chicken, hazelnuts and green onions. Toss to combine.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!