Tapenade with a Twist
Yield: About 1 1/2 cups
In this tapenade, the kalamatas are given an extra kick by the rather unorthodox addition of cayenne and just a bit of melted chocolate.
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons rinsed capers Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley Add to list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed, but still slightly chunky. It should have a spreadable consistency, with an interesting texture. Scrape into a non-reactive bowl, preferably glass. Use immediately, or refrigerate until needed. Bring to room temperature again for best flavor.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »