Tapenade with a Twist
Yield: About 1 1/2 cups
In this tapenade, the kalamatas are given an extra kick by the rather unorthodox addition of cayenne and just a bit of melted chocolate.
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons rinsed capers Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley Add to list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed, but still slightly chunky. It should have a spreadable consistency, with an interesting texture. Scrape into a non-reactive bowl, preferably glass. Use immediately, or refrigerate until needed. Bring to room temperature again for best flavor.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor