Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 cups whole black olives, pitted Add to list
- 1 3/4 ounces canned anchovy fillets Add to list
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained Add to list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil Add to list
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon Add to list
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 baguette, sliced Add to list
Finely chop the olives, anchovies and capers with a knife or food processor and place in a bowl. Add the garlic, basil, lemon zest and juice. Stir in the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and toast in a preheated 425º F oven, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn each piece and toast for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Spread tapenade on toasted baguette slices and serve.
Each serving: 324 cal, 25g fat (3.6g sat), 5mg chol, 756mg sodium, 20.7g carb, 1.9g fiber, 5.9g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on January 25, 2009.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »