Tangelo and Kiwi Salsa
Excellent served with pork, poultry or seafood.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil Add to list
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped Add to list
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped Add to list
- 2 Minneola tangelos, peeled, segmented, seeded and cut in pieces Add to list
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice Add to list
In a 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and pepper; sauté until translucent — about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir tangelos, kiwi fruit and lemon or lime juice into onion mixture.
Spoon salsa into small serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold — about 1 hour. Makes 2 cups.
Source: Sound Consumer January 2007
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »