Szechuan Chicken and Peanuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch Add to list
- 3 tablespoons tamari, divided Add to list
- 2 chicken breasts, boned, skinned and cubed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sherry Add to list
- 2 teaspoons sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup peanut oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper Add to list
- 2 scallions, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts Add to list
Blend cornstarch and 1 tablespoon tamari in bowl, stir in chicken and set aside.
Combine 2 tablespoons tamari, sherry, sugar and vinegar, then set aside.
Heat peanut oil in wok over high heat (350°F). Add red pepper and cook until black, then add chicken mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
Stir-fry scallions and ginger for 1 minute, then add chicken back to the wok. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, add tamari mixture, continuing to stir for one minute. Mix in peanuts and serve with rice, accompanied by a dry white wine.
Recipe by, PCC staff member