Sweet Potato Dip
Yield: 2 cups
A creamy and sweet dip that is perfect for crudités, pita bread or chips.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped (about 3 cups) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons pecan or other nut butter Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, smashed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil Add to list
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
Blend together potatoes, nut butter, garlic, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Add a splash of water if necessary for a creamy consistency. Fold in chopped basil leaves.