Sweet Delicata Succotash with Edamame
This herb-spiked vegetable mixture features subtly sweet, organic Delicata squash, grown with care by our friends at Rents Due Ranch in Stanwood, Wash.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 onion, diced Add to list
- 1 1/2 red or yellow bell peppers, diced Add to list
- 1 (8- to 10-inch) Delicata squash - unpeeled, sliced and diced Add to list
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes, including juice Add to list
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen, shelled edamame Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced marjoram Add to list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Feta cheese, for garnish (optional) Add to list
Add oil to a large, heavy skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and squash and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add garlic and tomatoes (with their juice) and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add frozen edamame. Stir, then cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Add basil, marjoram and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve hot, topped with crumbled feta cheese if you like.
For a main dish, serve this on top of polenta, mashed potatoes or pasta.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Education Manager
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »