Sweet Corn Bisque
Yield: About 1 quart
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, shucked and silks removed Add to list
- 3 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme Add to list
- 2 tablespoons flour Add to list
- 2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
Cut the kernels from the ears of corn (don’t cut too deeply). With the back of your knife, scrape down the ears to collect all the juice and flesh left on the cob. Place the kernels and all of their juice in a bowl and set aside.
In a soup pot or saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and sauté the shallots and thyme for 4 to 5 minutes until the shallots are very tender. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes more. Pour in the cream and the bowl of corn and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Each serving: 390 cal, 36g fat (22g sat), 125mg chol, 80mg sodium, 16g carb, 1g fiber, 4g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef