Sweet and Chunky Satsuma-Cranberry Sauce
This is a fun twist to traditional cranberry sauce, using pineapple and satsumas.
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot Add to list
- 1 20-ounce can unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained Add to list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, slightly crushed Add to list
- 3 to 4 Satsuma oranges, divided into segments and cut into pieces Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
Add cranberries to a saucepan plus enough water to cover 1 1/2 inches above berries. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and add honey.
Dissolve cornstarch in about 1/4 cup of cool water and add to cranberries. Stir in drained pineapple, walnuts, satsumas and cinnamon. Serve at room temperature.
Source: Sound Consumer November 1998
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »