Super Protein Balls
These easy-to-prepare, no-bake snacks are great for mid-morning or any time you need a high-energy snack.
- 2 ripe medium-size bananas Add to list
- 1 cup rolled oats, cooked or soaked Add to list
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond, sunflower or pumpkin seed) Add to list
- 1/2 cup seeds (hemp, pumpkin or sunflower) Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey or your favorite liquid sweetener Add to list
- 1/3 cup dried fruit such as cranberries or raisins (optional) Add to list
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes, plus more for coating Add to list
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (rice or hemp) Add to list
In a bowl, mash bananas and mix in remaining ingredients. The mixture should have a dough-like consistency. If too wet, add more coconut flakes and protein powder.
Form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in coconut flakes until they’re thoroughly coated. Place balls on a baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours. Store in either the refrigerator or freezer.
Cook an extra cup of oatmeal with your breakfast in the morning and store the leftovers in the fridge until you are ready to prepare the protein balls.
Recipe by, PCC Nutrition Educator
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »