Super Hero Salad
Serves: 6 to 8
This salad is geared toward kids — it's a great way to let them participate in the kitchen. Try to incorporate each color into the salad and try different combinations to see what kids like most.
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, chopped Add to list
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped Add to list
- 1 bunch chard, spinach, kale or a combination, chopped Add to list
- 1 bunch baby greens Add to list
- 1/2 cup steamed broccoli Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced Granny Smith apple Add to list
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes or sliced tomatoes Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell peppers Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced red apple Add to list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow bell peppers Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced or grated yellow carrots Add to list
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage Add to list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced purple onion Add to list
- 1/4 cup raisins Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (crimini or button) Add to list
Choose 1 ingredient from each color — think about combining flavors and textures that will match well — and mix together in a bowl. Add your choice of dressing right before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Educator
Source: Demonstrated on the PCC Cooks stage at Vegfest 2012.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »