Sunny Mango Salsa
Yield: about 2 cups
Mango's brightly floral flavor is simply fantastic mixed with a bit of spice and the acidity of fresh lime. By adjusting the type of pepper and amount of hot sauce, you can customize the heat to your taste.
- 2 mangoes - peeled, seeded and diced Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers (you may use a spicier chile if you prefer) Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- Dash of hot sauce Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Gently combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and keep chilled before serving.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.