Sundried Tomato Russian Dressing
This simple recipe is especially thick — a bold dressing for a hearty salad of greens and tomatoes. This dressing doubles beautifully as a spread over broiled tempeh and sauerkraut for a
- 4 ounces silken tofu Add to list
- 2 teaspoons bottled plain, not creamed, horseradish (red or white) Add to list
- 5 sundried tomatoes, soaked in 1 cup hot water until soft; chop coarsely and reserve liquid Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ketchup Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Add to list
Mix all ingredients in a blender, gradually adding tomato-soaking liquid until you reach the desired thickness you prefer. This may be anywhere from 2 to 4 tablespoons.
Scrape down sides of blender two or three times until very well mixed. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Let flavors marry for at least an hour before serving.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »