Summer's Bounty Blueberry Crisp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- Pinch of nutmeg Add to list
- 2 pints fresh blueberries Add to list
- Grated peel of 1 lemon Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. Put blueberries, lemon peel and juice in a large bowl. Add sugar mixture and toss gently to combine. Pour blueberry mixture into a large baking dish.
To make the topping, mix the flour, oats, sugar and salt. Cut butter into small pieces, then work into flour mixture until it makes a crumbly texture. Sprinkle crumbs over blueberry mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Tip: Keep a batch of crumb topping in your freezer to quickly make crisps throughout the summer fruit season.
Source: Sound Consumer August 2001
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »