Summer Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella & Basil Salad
- Yellow and red tomatoes, rinsed and thickly sliced Add to list
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced into rounds Add to list
- Fresh basil, stems removed and leaves bunched and sliced into a thin chiffonade Add to list
- Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar Add to list
- Cracked black pepper Add to list
Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a platter, alternating colors. Insert slices of mozzarella between the tomatoes. Sprinkle the chiffonade of basil over the tomatoes. Lightly drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and grind fresh black pepper over all.
Serve with fresh ciabatta or seeded baguette and a spicy Tuscan red (Erik Banti Morelino de Scansano), or a crisp, chilled Orvieto (La Carraia) for your own backyard tomato "bliss."
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Source: Sound Consumer August 2002
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »