Summer Fruit Salsa
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
I love the glorious colors and flavors of this simple side dish. I find it works with just about anything that comes off your grill. I highly recommend serving it with grilled wild spot prawns.
- 2 cups chopped summer stone fruit, such as apricots, plums, nectarines or cherries Add to list
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeño or pasilla chile Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- 5 to 6 dashes hot pepper sauce Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
Combine all the ingredients and chill.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show aired on August 11, 2007.