Summer Cherry Crisp
Serves: 6 to 8
- 6 cups sweet cherries, pitted Add to list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 cup regular rolled oats Add to list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour Add to list
- Pinch of salt Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional) Add to list
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds Add to list
- Greek yogurt or ice cream, for serving (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine cherries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice. Place in a 8-inch square baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, salt and nutmeg. Work butter into mixture with a pastry cutter or your hands until it makes a crumbly texture. Fold in almonds. Spread crisp topping over cherries and press gently to set in place.
Bake until bubbly and the crisp is golden, about 40 minutes. Serve with a dollop of yogurt or ice cream.
Recipe by, PCC Chef