Serves: 6 to 8
To simplify the process, you may make the fondue ahead of time, store it in the fridge and heat it gently just before serving. For maximum impact, offer a mix of tart-sweet apples, creamy potatoes and bright veggies in addition to the quintessential artisanal bread!
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated Add to list
- 6 ounces Mt. Townsend Creamery New Moon cheese, grated Add to list
- 2 ounces Mt. Townsend Creamery Campfire cheese, grated Add to list
- 2 tablespoons flour Add to list
- 1 cup white wine Add to list
- 1 teaspoon grated shallots Add to list
- Pinch of nutmeg Add to list
- Salt and white pepper, to taste Add to list
Toss cheeses with flour. Place wine and shallots in a heavy pot over medium heat and bring to a light simmer. Stir in cheese, a little at a time, until the mixture is smooth and all the cheese is melted. Add remaining ingredients and transfer to a fondue pot or individual heated stoneware ramekins. Serve with any of the following accompaniments!
Accompaniments for dipping
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired February 14, 2012.