Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion Add to list
- 10-ounce bag baby spinach, stemmed Add to list
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup feta cheese Add to list
- 1 egg Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs, plus whole herbs for garnish such as parsley, chives or rosemary Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper Add to list
- Pinch of nutmeg Add to list
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless with skin on Add to list
In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and onions. Saute the onions until soft. Place them in a large bowl.
Add the spinach to the skillet (in batches if necessary). Over low heat, continually toss the spinach, using tongs, until it wilts. Set aside to cool.
When the spinach is cool enough to handle, place it in a clean kitchen towel, wrap the towel around the spinach and twist to squeeze out as much of the water in the spinach as possible. Remove the dry spinach and chop. Add the spinach to the onions. Combine remaining ingredients (except the chicken) with the onions and spinach and mix well.
Place each breast skin-side up on a board. Trim away excess fat. Loosen skin from one breast and stuff approximately 1/4 of the filling under the skin. Tuck the skin and meat under the breast, forming an even, round dome shape. Repeat with the remaining three breasts. Place stuffed breasts in a greased, glass baking dish.
Preheat oven to 350° F 15 minutes before baking. Bake until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165° F. Arrange on a platter and garnish with fresh herbs.
Each serving: 300 cal, 13g fat (6g sat), 150mg chol, 500mg sodium, 10g carb, 3g fiber, 35g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »