Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
Pour this fantastic sauce over cream scones or a chocolate angel food cake from PCC delis.
- 8-10 stalks rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced in half Add to list
- Sucanat (organic whole sugar) to taste (or other natural sweetener) Add to list
- Zest and juice of 1 orange Add to list
- Zest of 1 organic lemon Add to list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger or 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves to taste Add to list
Combine all the ingredients, except for the Sucanat, in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the rhubarb is tender. Stir in the Sucanat to taste. Makes 8 cups.
Source: Green Living on care2.com
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »