Strawberry Praline Shortcake
- 4 PCC Bakery scones of your choice Add to list
- 2 cups sliced strawberries Add to list
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup Add to list
- 1 cup whipping cream Add to list
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur such as Cointreau (or you may substitute 1/2 teaspoon orange zest) Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
For Whipped Cream
Whip the cream until very soft peaks form. Fold in the Cointreau or the orange zest, the sugar and vanilla, and beat until fluffy. Chill until ready to serve.
For Praline Sauce
Combine the brown sugar and water in a bowl and transfer to a deep saucepan; do not stir at this point. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook without stirring, tipping the pan occasionally to distribute the coloring. Cook until the mixture is a golden caramel color (about 6 to 10 minutes). Remove from the heat and slowly stir in the pecans, cream and salt.
To finish the Shortcake
Cut the scones in half crosswise and place 2 halves on each of 4 plates. Combine the strawberries with the maple syrup and mound over the scones. Drizzle with the praline sauce and top with the whipped cream. Garnish the shortcake with orange zest, mint leaves and additional berries if desired!
Recipe by, PCC Chef