Strawberry Oat Breakfast Smoothie
The whole family can help prepare this quick, power breakfast. Add your favorite protein powder or a spoonful of yogurt to provide an extra protein boost.
- 1 cup soy milk, rice milk or milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup rolled oats Add to list
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks Add to list
- 12 strawberries Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 teaspoon honey Add to list
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder or 2 tablespoons flax oil (optional) Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend or puree on the appropriate setting until smooth and creamy.
Smoothies are an easy way to get some of your daily fruit servings and are a great base for adding nutrient-dense foods like protein powders, flax oil and powdered greens to your daily diet. These easy-to-blend smoothies are perfect for a quick breakfast, light lunch or summer treat. Enjoy!
Each serving: 250 cal, 4g fat (0.5g sat),0mg chol, 65mg sodium, 46g carb, 6g fiber, 8g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »