Strawberry Oat Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup soy milk, rice milk or milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup rolled oats Add to list
- 1 banana, broken into chunks Add to list
- 14 frozen strawberries Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 1 teaspoon honey Add to list
- Optional: 4 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder or 2 tablespoons of flax oil (Powdered greens are best left out of this smoothie) Add to list
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend or puree on appropriate setting until smooth and creamy. Makes 2 servings.
Smoothies are an easy way to get some of your daily fruit servings and are a great base for adding nutrient-dense foods like protein powders, flax oil and powdered greens to your daily diet. These easy-to-blend smoothies are perfect for a quick breakfast, light lunch or summer treat. Enjoy!