Strawberry Oat Bars
Yield: Makes 24 bars
Make sure these bars are completely cooled before you cut them into squares — if you can wait that long to eat them!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups quick or regular rolled oats Add to list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 14 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or flaked coconut (optional) Add to list
- 4 cups hulled and roughly chopped strawberries Add to list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease an 8- by 12-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper.
Mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix in butter with your hands or a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs; fold in almonds or coconut. Press 2/3 of the oat mixture into the prepared pan.
Combine strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon zest in a bowl. Toss until strawberries have absorbed the sugar. Spread strawberry mixture evenly over the prepared crust. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over the top of the strawberries and pat lightly.
Bake until light brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into squares.
Each bar: 160 cal, 7g fat (4.5g sat),20mg chol, 65mg sodium, 21g carb, 1g fiber, 2g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »