Strawberry Delight Salad with Strawberry Champagne Vinaigrette
With a double dose of berries in both the salad and the dressing, this recipe is sure to please strawberry lovers.
- 1/2 pound strawberries Add to list
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
For the vinaigrette, combine the strawberries, maple syrup, vanilla, red wine vinegar and champagne vinegar in a skillet. Let it simmer, covered, until strawberries are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Strain the juice and set aside.
In a blender, combine cooked strawberries and fresh basil. Add olive oil slowly while blending. Add salt, then pour into a bowl and stir in the reserved juice. Refrigerate until cooled.
Arrange the greens and sliced strawberries in a bowl or on individual plates. Dress with the vinaigrette and desired garnishes.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer May 2007