Strawberry and Spinach Salad
Organically grown strawberries from our friends at Rent’s Due Ranch in Stanwood, Wash. are always welcome additions to summer dishes. A vinegar-based dressing complements the bright strawberry flavors in this salad, which tastes best made with organically grown spinach from Nash Huber’s Dungeness Farm in Sequim, Wash.
- 1 pint organic strawberries Add to list
- 2 bunches organic spinach Add to list
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup honey (or less to taste) Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper Add to list
- 1/2 cup organic olive oil Add to list
- 1/3 cup organic balsamic or cider vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds Add to list
Clean and slice strawberries. Wash spinach and remove large, tough stems. Tear into small pieces and drain. In a medium salad bowl, toss strawberries, dry spinach, red onion and chopped pecans. Whisk together dressing ingredients, drizzle over salad and toss.
Source: Sound Consumer June 2005
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »