Strawberry and Roasted Beet Salad
Nothing quite says spring like sweet and juicy strawberries, earthy beets and creamy fresh goat cheese.
- 6 small beets, tops removed and cleaned Add to list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon honey Add to list
- 1 pound ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered Add to list
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled Add to list
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish Add to list
Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
Drizzle beets with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap in foil and roast until a knife easily slides into the center of the largest beet, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Allow to cool, then remove skins and cut beets into wedges.
Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss beets, strawberries and balsamic dressing in a bowl. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with goat cheese and mint.
Each serving: 200 cal, 13g fat (5g sat), 15mg chol, 210mg sodium, 15g carb, 4g fiber, 7g protein