Stout and Cheddar Beef Burgers
Dark Irish stout keeps these beefy burgers moist and flavorful. Sharp cheddar cheese adds a tangy contrast to the robustness of the beer. Top your burger with caramelized onions, if you’d like a sweet note.
- 1 pound ground beef Add to list
- 1/4 cup stout beer Add to list
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Add to list
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- High-heat oil, for grilling Add to list
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese Add to list
- 4 hamburger buns or brioche rolls Add to list
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes and pickles, for topping Add to list
Heat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine beef, beer, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Divide into 4 equal portions and form into patties about 3/4-inch thick. Lightly brush the hamburgers on both sides with oil.
Grill hamburgers on the preheated grill until a thermometer inserted into the center of each patty reads 155° F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Top the burgers with cheese during the last minute of grilling. Toast the buns off to the side of the grill.
Serve burgers on toasted buns with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles or your favorite condiments.
Recipe by, PCC Chef