Stir-fried Cabbage with Fried Eggs
Cabbage for breakfast? You bet. Stir-frying cabbage until it’s crisp-tender results in a dish that’s salty and sweet.
- 3 tablespoons sesame or high-heat oil, divided Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, cored and cut into ribbons Add to list
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar Add to list
- Pinch of sugar (optional) Add to list
- Tamari, to taste Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the cabbage and stir-fry until the cabbage turns bright green and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in rice vinegar and season to taste with sugar and tamari.
In a separate sauté pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into the pan and cook to desired doneness.
Divide cabbage between two plates. Top cabbage with fried eggs and serve immediately.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »