Steaks with Cranberry-Balsamic Sauce
Tri-tip steaks are pan-fried and topped with a sweet and tangy cranberry-balsamic reduction.
- 4 (4-ounce) tri-tip steaks Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided Add to list
- 1 large shallot, minced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 1 cup roughly chopped cranberries Add to list
- 2 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth Add to list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F. Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan. Sear steaks on both sides until deep golden, about 5 minutes per side. For rare steaks, transfer to a warm plate and cover with foil. Otherwise, transfer steaks to a baking dish and finish cooking in the oven until desired doneness is reached. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, reduce pan heat to medium and melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add the shallot, garlic and thyme and cook until soft and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries, honey and broth, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until most of the berries have broken down, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in vinegar and remaining butter; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sauce over steaks.
Each serving: 440cal, 26g fat (11g sat), 95mg chol, 390mg sodium, 15g carb, 2g fiber, 35g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »