Steak & Pepper Tacos
A quick and fun weekday meal - and the leftovers make for a great lunch the next day!
- 1 pound flank or skirt steak, trimmed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 limes, juiced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and sliced Add to list
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or orange), seeded and sliced Add to list
- 1/2 red onion, sliced Add to list
- 4 to 8 flour tortillas, warmed Add to list
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions Add to list
- Lime wedges, for serving Add to list
Place steak in a shallow bowl or dish and rub with cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Pour lime juice and oil over top; cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat a skillet or grill pan over high heat.
Add marinated steak and cook 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the heat and allow to rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
While steak is resting, cook peppers and onion in same skillet or grill pan until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Top flour tortillas with sliced steak and peppers. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Serve with lime wedges.
Each taco: 380cal, 18g fat (6g sat), 40mg chol, 440mg sodium, 30g carb, 3g fiber, 23g protein