Steak with Mushrooms and Wine Sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter Add to list
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil Add to list
- 1 pound top round, sirloin or flank steak Add to list
- 1/4 pound sliced mushrooms Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/3 cup red wine Add to list
- 1/3 cup beef broth Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley or green onion Add to list
In a wide frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter with olive oil. Add the steak and brown well on both sides, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
In pan melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté briefly.
Combine red wine and beef broth with cornstarch, Dijon mustard, anchovy paste, and minced parsley or green onion. Add to pan, bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened.
Recipe by, former PCC staff