Yield: 3 dozen
- 1/4 cup unrefined sesame oil Add to list
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (or honey) Add to list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla Add to list
- 2 cups whole barley flour (or whole wheat pastry flour) Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal Add to list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder Add to list
- raspberry or currant jelly, for glaze Add to list
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray, or line them with parchment.
In a small bowl, stir together sesame oil, maple syrup and vanilla. In a larger bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal and baking powder.
Add wet ingredients to the dry mix and blend well, kneading a little. With your fingers, form golf-sized balls, flatten with hands to 1/4 inch, and place closely together on the prepared baking sheets.
Indent with any new, clean rubber stamp. Brush design lightly with jelly, and bake for approximately 15 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets for at least 15 minutes before removing.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Education Manager