Vegetables in Coconut Green Curry
This dish is one of those meals that is incredibly simple and yet truly scrumptious. You can do all the prep ahead of time and the cooking takes only 10 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks Add to list
- 1 cup sugar or snow peas, strings removed Add to list
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut in strips Add to list
- 1 teaspoon, or more to taste, green curry paste Add to list
- 1 cup coconut milk Add to list
- Soy sauce or fish sauce to taste Add to list
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach Add to list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
Heat the oil in a wok or sauté pan. Add the ginger, garlic, leeks, peas and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the peas are crisp tender. Stir in the green curry paste and the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer. Season to taste with soy sauce or fish sauce. Add the spinach, basil and cilantro. Simmer just until heated through.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5’s “Gardening with Ciscoe” show aired on April 18, 2009