Spring Vegetable Sauté
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed Add to list
- 1 leek, cut into 1/2-inch coins Add to list
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces on bias Add to list
- 1/2 pound fiddlehead ferns (as available) Add to list
- 1/4 pound shelled English peas (as available) Add to list
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon Add to list
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste Add to list
Heat a stainless steel sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, quickly add oil, thyme, garlic and leeks. Sauté for 2 minutes; browning leeks slightly is OK.
Add asparagus and ferns and sauté for 2 minutes, then add peas. Add lemon zest and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve.
Recipe by, PCC Deli Chef
Source: 2011 PCC annual meeting dinner
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »