Spring Fruit Tabouli
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 cup bulgur Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water Add to list
- 2 cups chopped apricots (about 10 whole) Add to list
- 1 cup halved seedless grapes Add to list
- 1/2 unpeeled cucumber, seeded and chopped Add to list
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves Add to list
- 1/4 cup lime juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
Place bulgur in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak until grains are tender and most of the water is absorbed, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain, if necessary, and fluff with a fork.
In a large bowl, combine bulgur, apricots, grapes, cucumber, red onion, pecans, basil and mint.
Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Each serving: 280 cal, 14g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 70mg sodium, 38g carb, 8g fiber, 6g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »