Spinach, Basil and Plum Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest Add to list
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest Add to list
- Coarse sea salt, preferably red Add to list
- Coarsely crushed black pepper Add to list
- 10 ounces of baby spinach Add to list
- 2 cups basil leaves, torn Add to list
- 2 black or red plums — halved, pitted and thinly sliced Add to list
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon and orange juices, the vinegar and the orange and lime zests. Season lightly with sea salt and black pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the spinach, basil and plums. Add the dressing and toss well.
Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper (so there are flakes clinging to the leaves) and immediately serve.