Spicy Yogurt Topping
This is a rich creamy topping. It makes a great dip for vegetables or a topping for Mung Bean and Caramelized Fennel Salad.
- 24 ounces plain yogurt Add to list
- 8 ounces sour cream Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped peanuts Add to list
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 small red onion, diced small Add to list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Sucanat Add to list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cumin Add to list
- 1 fresh chili pepper, minced Add to list
Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth. Use enough cloth so it hangs over the sides.
Hang strainer in a bowl so there is 1 to 2 inches of space between the bottom of the strainer and the bottom of the bowl. Pour yogurt in the strainer and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Pour out yogurt liquid at least once if using a small bowl.
When done, yogurt should be very thick. Discard water and place yogurt with the remaining ingredients into another bowl. Fold ingredients several times, using more seasoning if necessary. Let flavors marry for at least an hour. Serve cool or at room temperature.
Recipe by, former PCC staff