Spicy Sautéed Greens with Walnuts and Cranberries
- 3 bunches (4 quarts) mixed greens, washed and thick stems removed (kale, curly endive, chard, beet and/or mustard greens) Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic Add to list
- Pinch cayenne pepper Add to list
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped Add to list
- 1/3 cup juice-sweetened dried cranberries Add to list
- 3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, for seasoning Add to list
Shake the rinsed greens in a colander to remove the excess water.
Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds until light brown. Add a couple of handfuls of greens and toss with tongs. Add cayenne pepper and toss to distribute.
Add remaining greens. When wilted, season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking, tossing often, until the excess liquid evaporates. Add walnuts and dried cranberries and toss gently.
Turn greens out into a bowl, then season with vinegar. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.
Each serving: 230 cal, 19g fat (2g sat), 0mg chol, 200mg sodium, 14g carb, 4g fiber, 5g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor